Beauty Q&A with Aymie Louise

I am super excited about todays post as it is the first collaboration post here on Perfect Peonies. Myself and Aymie have come up with five beauty questions each that we will both be answering. So here we will answer the first five and then over on Aymie Louise we will answer five more! Before we get to the questions Aymie is going to introduce herself a bit.

Hello gorgeous readers of Perfect Peonies! I'm so happy that I'm getting the chance to contribute to this blog with my part in this post, I've wanted to do something like this for quite some time now. Anyway, I'm a 19 year old lifestyle, beauty and fashion blogger based near Durham in the UK. I've been blogging for years but I started my current self-titled blog last November as a way to combine different niches rather than sticking to just one. During the day I work at a GCV as a Social Media and Marketing Apprentice so really I just blog and network for most of the week which is ideal for me. I write about my life experiences, beauty/makeup and the latest fashion trends so reviews and wish lists frequently end up on my blog. I'd love it if some of you could check out my version of the collaboration over on my own site, I hope you all enjoy it!

#1 What is the one product you've most regretted buying? Why?

Aymie- I regret buying the Rimmel London Scandaleyes Thick and Thin Eyeliner which is really a shame because Rimmel is generally my favourite brand. I regret buying it because the lines came out like faded felt-tip, I wouldn't have minded but if I'm putting the effort into applying eyeliner I want a more dramatic effect than a faded mark. Like I said, it really disappointed me because I had high hopes for it when I bought it, for once Rimmel have really let themselves down with this product.
Nicola- I really regret buying the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation. I don't really know what made me buy it, it think it was on sale at the time. It is just far to full coverage for my liking and it really doesn't sit well on my dry skin type. I am sure this foundation works for some I personally just don't like it.
#2What products have you used up recently? (Empties)
Aymie- I've recently used up a few products, if I love a product I use it to death and then move onto another one so I can experiment with different brands and effects. The Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer from Collection is fantastic! It's the first liquid concealer I've ever used but oh my it's good. Affordable too. I've also just used up the ColourTrend lipstick in Flirt Alert which was actually given to me by a friend but I've loved it for its subtlety and "my lips but but better" shade meaning that it's slightly different to my natural lip colour but it's different enough to be noticeable.
Nicola- I am not going to go into this to much as I have an empties post coming up next week, but recently I have used up my favorite Clinique toner, and a GlamGlow mask that I wasn't such a fan of.
#3 Do you wear makeup for travelling? If so, what?

Aymie- I don't really wear makeup when I travel, I give my skin some time to breath because it's just not necessary on long haul journeys as the makeup smudges and doesn't sit well. I do, however, bring along lip balm to keep my lips hydrated and soft. I tend two bring two or three different types so I can have a plain/intensive one and two tinted ones to just make me feel less sluggish and bare after travelling.
Nicola- I am never totally comfortable in big public areas with no makeup so I will generally wear either a little concealer or some tinted moisturizer with a bit of mascara and bronzer. If it is a long haul flight say 4 or so more hours I will normally remove my makeup on the plane and put on a hydrating mask to help my seriously dehydrated skin. I have a whole plane carry on beauty essentials post HERE.  
#4 What's your favourite "pick-me-up" product? Why?

Aymie- I would have to say that my favourite pick-me-up product is a Montagne Jeunesse face mask which I use at the end of every week to refresh and revive my skin after a week full of products and general living. I prefer to use their peel off masks because they are deep cleansing and take away any dead skin but I can compromise and go for a mud mask because my skin is quite oily so it just dries that part of my skin up.
Nicola- If my skin is feeling gross and congested I will use some of the Clinique clarifying lotion to decongest it. Or when my skin is feeling dull and looking lifeless I like using Charlotte Tilbury's Light Wonder Foundation to really make it glow. Brightening primers like MAC Strobe Cream and the L'Oreal Lumi are great for giving the skin a dewy look too.
#5 Who is your makeup inspiration?
Aymie- I can't pin-point one specific person but I love the more subtle looks of Emma Stone, Cheryl Fenandez-Versini and Perrie Edwards because they tend to sway towards healthy glowing looks. Emma Stone in particular has a classic rosy makeup style that I utterly adore because she never goes overboard and I can take inspiration from her look no matter where I'm going because it's not overly bold or made up.
Nicola- I wouldn't say I have a certain person that is my inspiration but I love taking makeup looks from celebrities and recreating them. My favorite makeup is simple and natural but sometimes I do like to mix it up with a bold lip or dramatic eye. I really love how Keira Knightly always looks beautiful and natural but at the same time I can appreciate the Kim Kardashian look.
If you would like to read about five more beauty questions head on over to aymielouise.blogspot.com and I want to hear your answers to these questions, please comment down below.
Love...

1 comment:

  1. I want to hear your answers to these questions. Please comment and let me know! Love Nicola

    ReplyDelete